We know that choosing between external software developers can be difficult, and that it is very much a question of confidence. So should you hesitate on choosing between SoftwareMill or another company to develop your project, then feel free to ask them any of these questions.
Quality & Security
Each small piece of project functionality developed by SoftwareMill is covered by automated tests. In addition to low-level tests, we maintain a set of high-level "acceptance" tests verifying whether the product works properly. It is all automated in order to get fast feedback that everything works as expected after changes in the code.
We will have an automated test simulating 'clicking' through your web application.
Moreover, our developers review each other's code to achieve better internal design, avoid mistakes, and share knowledge.
- Our teams usually uses:
- Git - a flexible source control
- IntelliJ IDEA - the best Scala/Java development environment
- TeamCity, Jenkins - for continuous integration and testing
- Trello, Jira - agile project management tools
- Confluence - an enterprise wiki for documentation and knowledge sharing
- GitHub, Stash, Codebrag - tools for code reviews
and many others... Everyone is allowed to use a tool that will improve their productivity.
Wondering if we are the best choice? Let us prove how good we are! Let's start the project by developing the 1st sprint. We offer a trial. It means we work for a period of 2 weeks (1 iteration) after which (depending on the results and the client's satisfaction) we either continue working, or the client can decide to resign without paying (in this case not receiving the results of the work). No cure - no pay.
- Our organizational model minimizes the occurrence of all kinds of risks associated with the process of software development:
- Flat organization structure - all the problems are solved by the project team not by the managers above
- New IT equipment - we purchase the latest computers as specced by our team
- Remote organization - local power failure or local lack of Internet access will never affect the entire project team
- Infrastructure in the Cloud - we use systems that perform regular back-ups and provide professional support
- Implementation of projects using agile methodologies - applications are developed in short iterations, after which the software is presented to the customer.
Moreover we are insured for more than 2 million USD in case of a "Cyber Disaster" that could affect the company.
SoftwareMill provides experienced development teams (IT developers, quality analysts, designers, business analysts) to its clients in order to understand, design and, implementthe clients' needs. We hire only senior developers from Poland. They are fully equipped with experience and knowledge to solve every challenge by themselves.
The people who will work on the project are exactly the ones that the client meets, and you can read about each of us on the team page. We do not cooperate with anonymous subcontractors.
We gather knowledge and experience both from inside the company and outside (e.g. conferences, meetups). We keep track of what we have learned on our common wiki and we regularly (every Friday) ask each other what we have learned recently.
The most interesting experiences are later discussed on our monthly knowledge sharing meetings. We also our own projects: HRobot, LegalUp, Codebrag, UpdateImpact.
Most of us are active bloggers or community members - see our blog and meet the team pages. We have delivered so many presentations on various conferences that we already lost count (we presented 57 times in 2015, statistically more than once each week!).
Several members of the SoftwareMill team are (co-)leaders of Java User Groups (Warsaw JUG, Szczecin JUG, Zielona Góra JUG). We have organized four editions of an international conference on the Scala Language in Warsaw: Scalar. We are also a member of the Polish Space Industry Association.
We hire only senior developers from Poland. They are fully equipped with the information and knowledge necessary to solve every challenge by themselves.
We usually set up a Slack or Skype chat for the team and client, so it is usually just a matter of asking about progress.
The client also has full access to our project management tools (or we use client's tools). There, the client can check out the burndown chart on the iteration or project level. At least every two weeks we demonstrate to the client a working version of the product with more and more features implemented.
Of course, we adjust this process to meet the particular needs of the client.
No worries at all. Good test coverage allows us to safely make changes in the project. With Time&Materials model there is no need to renegotiate contract or submit formal Change Requests.
Sure thing. Just let us know and we will get you in touch with people who already trust SoftwareMill. You can also check out what our clients say about our services.
- offering development from Poland - highly-skilled and motivated developers, with good English command, able to visit clients' office if needed
- providing a small, efficient team  of experienced backend & frontend developers, able to shift focus in a very agile way
- offering very close cooperation with business - as part of our company culture
- cooperation with Lightbend  (Scala creators) - SoftwareMill is a Select System Integrator
We take care of the complete project development process, always trying to keep in mind that we want to develop maintainable, working software that brings value to our clients.